We threw them back in the oven for a caramelized top and whipped up a green dressing to be drizzled on top. This meal is as simple as it is beautiful. You’re bound to impress. Cook, relax and enjoy!
- 2 bell peppers- 1 red, 1 orange
- ¾ cup israeli couscous
- 4 oz shallots
- 8 oz broccoli rabe
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 oz Parmesan
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- rimmed baking sheet
- grater, zester or microplane
How to make stuffed peppers
1. Roast peppers: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, stem and core. Place peppers cut side open on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with pepper and ½ teaspoon salt, bake until they soften, 20 minutes.
2. Cook couscous: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add couscous to the water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Cook broccoli rabe: Cut ends off shallots, cut in half, peel and thinly slice. Trim ends of broccoli rabe then finely chop leaves and stems. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high. Add shallots, broccoli rabe and 1 teaspoon salt and sauté until softened and a bit charred, about 5 minutes.
4. Finish couscous: Stir shallots and broccoli rabe into couscous. Grate cheese. Stir ⅔ of the cheese into couscous along with raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
5. Finish peppers: Stuff peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until peppers are soft and warmed throughout, 10 minutes.
6. Make dressing: Meanwhile, remove parsley leaves from stems and finely chop. Peel and finely chop garlic. Whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, chopped parsley, garlic, and ½ tsp salt. Drizzle over peppers. Enjoy!