On the side there’s a cooling tomato and oregano salad, though you might want to spoon some tomatoes onto the pizza slices for a refreshing bite. Cook, relax, and enjoy!
What you'll need: 1 pint cherry tomatoes fresh oregano 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar 1 oz shallot 2 large cloves garlic 6–8 oz lacinato kale 4 oz sharp white cheddar ½ tsp crushed red pepper 2 large flour tortillas olive oil coarse salt freshly ground black pepper 2 large eggs
Equipment: box grater large skillet rimmed baking sheet
- Make tomato salad Halve tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Pick oregano leaves from stems and add to bowl. Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
2. Prep remaining ingredients Preheat oven to 500°F (as high as it will go without broiling). Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Trim kale and thinly slice crosswise. Grate cheddar on the large holes of a box grater.
3. Sauté kale Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, 1–2 minutes. Add kale, half of crushed red pepper, and ¼ cup water and cook, tossing, until water is evaporated and kale is tender, about 2 minutes more; season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Toast tortillas Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Add tortillas and turn to coat (it’s OK if they overlap a little). Place in the oven and cook, flipping once, until golden and bubbly, 2–3 minutes per side.
5. Build pizzas Top tortillas with half of cheddar. Top with kale mixture then remaining cheddar. Crack an egg in the center of each tortilla and return to oven. Bake until cheese is melted and egg white is set, 5–8 minutes.
6. Serve Cut pizzas into wedges, sprinkle with remaining crushed red pepper, and serve with marinated tomatoes. Enjoy!