Cooking a big piece of meat on the bone ensures moistness and plenty of flavor. We whipped up a festive pan sauce, bright with rosemary and dried cranberries. Brussels sprouts and squash get coated in brown sugar for a candied finish. Cook, relax and enjoy!
What you'll need: 1 lb delicata squash 8 oz Brussels sprouts 2 Tbsp light brown sugar fresh rosemary sprigs 1 clove garlic 1 lb pork porterhouse, 1½-inch thick 2 Tbsp butter ¼ cup dried cranberries coarse salt olive oil freshly ground black pepper
Equipment: rimmed baking sheet large skillet
Recipe steps: 1. Prep vegetables Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut ends off squash and Brussels sprouts. Cut sprouts in half through the core (keeping any small ones whole). Cut squash into ½-inch slices then remove seeds from each slice with a spoon.
2. Roast vegetables Toss squash with brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt and add to sheet. Season all with pepper and roast until golden, shaking sheet halfway through, 20–25 minutes.
3. Prep pork Meanwhile, remove leaves from rosemary sprigs. Peel and thinly slice garlic and set aside. Season pork with pepper and ¾ teaspoon salt.
4. Cook pork Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add pork and cook, flipping once, until deeply browned and just cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer pork to a plate.
5. Make sauce Add butter to skillet and swirl until melted. Add garlic, rosemary and dried cranberries. Cook, swirling occasionally, until garlic starts to turn golden, about 1 minute.
6. Baste pork Return pork to skillet and cook, spooning butter sauce over pork, about 1 minute. Transfer pork to a board to rest for a few minutes before slicing. Serve sliced pork with roasted vegetables and pan sauce. Enjoy!